SPAA COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES – 8 SEPTEMBER 2022
SWALLOWFIELD PARISH ALLOTMENT ASSOCIATION
SUMMARY OF MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 8TH
SEPTEMBER 2022 AT 8PM IN THE ROSE ROOM
● Nick Kolpin (Chair) (NK)
● Claire Hamilton (Secretary) (CH)
● John Poole (Site Manager) (JP)
1) Apologies: Sue Dormer, Ian Swan
2) Minutes and Matters Arising from 14th July and AGM 21st July:
● The Minutes of the AGM were deemed correct (subject to the
Treasurer approving her section).
● The minutes of the committee meeting were also agreed to be
3) Treasurer’s Report: there was no report today.
4) Site Manager’s Report:
● The weeds in the car park have been dealt with. Weeds by the
polytunnel should be dealt with at the next working party.
● The water butt has been pushed back as a priority.
● We’ve received free compost from Re3 Grow. It is being stored for
use in three raised beds by the sheds. These will be a task at the
next working party.
● The compost on plot 1 has been turned. The committee plans to
choose an area for an extra hopper at the west end of the site.
● The committee plans to procure more wood chippings and
● It was agreed that we should buy a roller to try to flatten the
5) Plot status and renewals:
● The committee discussed the annual plot renewals.
● Plot 4B is being relinquished and will be offered to Plot 4A.
● So far, no other plot holders have indicated that they will not
● CH will send out the renewal forms this week.
● There is a waiting list including residents of the parish.
● The committee thinks that single plot holders should not have
multiple plots whilst there is a waiting list.
6) Next working party:
● This will be held next Saturday on 17th September.
● Weeds will be removed from around the polytunnel.
● Preparatory work will be done to the ground where the raised
beds will be erected. Photos need to be taken as proof of work for
● The next meeting will be on Thursday 6th October.
● The meeting closed at 9.15pm.